Sunday, October 31, 2010

Guess the Mystery Thing! Tasseled bangle bracelet.

Hi, everyone!  I've been away, but I'm back just in time for another round of our exciting sleuthing game, Guess the Mystery Thing and Win Because Mich Keeps Trying to Stump Everyone but Hasn't Managed It Yet and if Nobody Guesses It She Will Laugh and Laugh and That Wouldn't be Cool, Would it?

Guess the Mystery Thing for short.

Here is today's Mystery Thing.


Tis a bangle bracelet.  Rather a strange one, but I hope you like?  It can be worn with floppy tassel pointing down...


Or floppy tassel pointing up.


Here's a version with a flower added.


All that flower-and-tassel business is just ornament: ribbon, recycled denim, beaded trim.  The Mystery Thing is that round black hoop.  What is that thing?

Hint: you probably own one.

This bracelet is one-of-a-kind, because I only had one Mystery Thing handy.  The first correct guess wins it!  In addition, there will be two slightly different bangles given away - one for most creative guess, and one for a random number.  So even if you think someone else has already guessed correctly, go ahead and take a fling anyway! 

The rules.
1. Open to anyone, anywhere.
2. If I manage to stump everyone, you will each owe me a Mini Bonbel cheese wheel, or a photo of yourself with "Mich L. in L.A." written across your face in eyebrow pencil.
3. If I can find your e-mail address in one click from your online profile, cool.  If not, you must include it in your comment.  Failure to follow this rule shall result in a humiliating disqualification.  What if yours was the winning guess, and you forgot to leave your e-mail?  That would be dreadful.

Enough rules.  You guys ready?  It's time to...

Guess the Mystery Thing!!!!


Update: Thanks, everybody!  This challenge is now closed!

29 comments:

  1. beutiful! I like your ideas....Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Actually, it looks like a piece of the line from my drip system....my drip system to water the outside plants that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a shower curtain ring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup - shower curtain ring (or similarily a curtain ring)!

    Lizzy
    lizzy.simpson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! It looks so familiar! What is it?! I don't think it's a shower curtain ring, because shower curtain rails are usually much narrower than a human wrist... it looks like some kind of hose to me, maybe for the dishwasher or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thougth was a shower curtain ring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dog's chew-toy. Not that I have one of those. Or a dog for that matter...
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm...my guess is a tube for water like the ones you find on a fish tank filter???

    I remember when I started my clown training, one of the things we had to do to spark creativity, was take a regular object and make it something else, something fun or funny.

    That is what you do, but yours are gorgeous rather than funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A jumbo shower curtain ring is my guess but I haven't been right about any of these mystery things yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH it has to be a wooden curtain ring - I've got heaps in my shed that look just like that (minus the tassles of course) and I reckon making bracelets out of them is a great idea! If it isn't a wooden curtain ring - then - it should be!!

    Just wanted to let you know too that I featured your ghostly ornaments on my Round Tuit post this week!

    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2010/11/round-tuit-21.html

    Thanks for linking - love your work!!

    Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like part of a cable cord. my email is floresfamily8 @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm looks like an o ring from a car motor or possibly a gasket of some type
    periwinkledzyns@ yahoo. ca

    love these contests Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's an ELECTRICAL CORD!!!

    rc18_87@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. a black plastic coat hanger
    s.lee.anderson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was going to say a vacuum belt too. Or something from under the vacuum anuways. Loving your site.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am quite sure it's a piece of a cycle tyre.
    The inside one that is.
    ricdirkx@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm shower curtain ring...
    rober629@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I guess that it is a vacuum cleaner belt.
    bratface9121@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of them rubbery things that keep the cat food bowls from sliding all over the kitchen floor?
    I'll get the eyebrow pencil ready...
    lisbonlioness at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I guess it could be a shower ring, but I've never seen one big enough for my wrist. It looks rubbery and hollow, like some sort of O-Ring. It also sort of looks like the tubing for my resistance band.
    Now where's my eyebrow pencil?

    ReplyDelete
  21. well people are all over the map on this one (i like to get a feel for what the general population is feeling before I cast my vote...). i know what it's not. it's definitely NOT a shower curtain ring. My initial thought was an o-ring but I don't think it's one of those because you wouldn't have broken the O to make your bracelet, and there IS a break in the bracelet as far as I can tell. ya. i'm going with the totally tubular. it's a black tube. but from where remains a mystery to me...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I guess no one has it right, if we are to keep guessing! Is it a water line from something (car, faucet) or a gasket or seal? You gave us a clue - we should have one at home. Good luck to everyone. Anne in NC. Ajp2020@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! Is it one of those bendable silicone and wire trivets that you can shape any way you need?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think it's a tire from a fairy car...

    cupcake_blogger@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would have been so frustrated by the busted car that I would have immediately thrown the guilty hose away! Great job! Thanks for linking this up to Sunday Art Therapy at Seeds on a Breeze. I can't wait to see what you link up this week!

    ReplyDelete