Friday, October 1, 2010

Zip-ties part III: Shirley Temple curls.

Here comes the third in a series of fun jewelry made from zip-ties.  (You can visit the first two here and here.)  Today, just a quickie tutorial for some more zippy fun.

You will love this one!  It's a sproingy spiral curlicue:


You want those earrings, I know you do.  To make a Shirley Temple curl, wrap a zip-tie tight around something skinny...


Yeesh, my fingers got red.  You have to grip quite fiercely or this little thing will fly across the room.  Hold for five seconds (or until you lose your grip, whichever comes first), then let go.

That's it!  It will absorb the sproing and provide endless hours of fun.





I made a necklace, too...



It's called (...wait for it...) Shirley Temple Black and Blue.


Later, gators!

11 comments:

  1. If you could sponsor the tickets, I'd hop on the next flight and snatch her up before she even knows it. ADORABLE!!!
    Not funny- looking at all, just totally kissable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Shirley Temple kit!
    Gertie is so cute! I wish I could fly over there and adopt her...
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo, do bungee cords next!

    Seriously, these are my absolute favorites of all the zip jewelry. Way cool. And I'll bet Gertie could rock that look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little pup, Michelle. Can't believe she's not being cuddled at this very moment!

    Your curlicues are sweet too. The usual high quality I've come to expect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG M the necklace and earings are to cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog through links! Love your blog!
    If you ever need new recipes or want to be featured..than please come become a follower to see daily updates and email us if you would like us to feature you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog :)
    Looks really fun to make jewelery like this!
    Hope you have a nice weekend :)
    Best wishes Grete

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colours of the Estonian flag - Blue, black and white. Lovely. I'd totally wear it to show the patriotism.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so amazingly creative. I think the clear curls are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What did you twist the zip ties around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I used a skinny metal skewer, the kind you use for trussing turkeys. You could also use a knitting needle or barbecue skewer.

      Delete